Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tips: Saving Money on Shaving

One of the most annoying things in the world to me is having to buy new razor blades. Its not the actually purchasing, its the price. For around $8 you get a new razor handle and 2 blades. If you want to purchase a new set of cartridges, you're looking at anywhere from $14 - $17 - approximately the cost of 2 whole new razors. Its disgustingly expensive.

I have, however, found a way around this. I like to use the Schick Quattro for women (SQ4W). A new razor is just over $7 and a new pack of 4 heads is around $12 (prices will obviously vary depending on the store you go to). On a recent trip to Wal*mart I found a pack of 4 "disposable" SQ4W for around $6. I dislike many disposables because they handle is plastic and often oddly shaped. Since I was trying to save money and didn't want to pay double that for the same amount of razors, I went ahead with my purchase. When I got home, I found that the razor heads are not, in fact, attached to handle like so many others are. I was able to place the heads in the empty cartridge, pop the handle off, and replace it with my original handle that fit perfectly (as one would assume it would).

The disposable razors - so far - have lasted just as long as their more expensive sister and I don't feel quite so guilty about throwing them away when the time comes.

Obviously you could just buy the razors and use them as is, as well. I find all those extra razors laying around under the sink annoying.

So there you have it. If you're looking to save money on razors, look for the disposable version of the ones you already have and look to see if the head detaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment